Saturday, November 13, 2010

Book Blogger Hop!



The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy-For-Books, hop on over and join in on the fun!

This week's question:
"If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?"

YES!! Oh my god, I can't imagine starting with the second or third book in the series! I like things orderly and always group together series I own in my bookcase in the right order. My brother just started reading Harry Potter at the seventh book, I was horrified. (and a little amused that a lot of it isn't making sense to him, shows I'm right :D)
It always annoys me that at the book sales here they only have the third book in a series and I can't buy it cause I haven't read the first two so it makes no sense to get it.

Anyway, that's just me, what are your opinions?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Daisy! Thanks for stopping in at the blog! I am now following you. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting at the final book? *horror*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from the hop. I agree. I can't jump into the middle of a series. I have to start with book one. But I do love reading series. It gives me a chance to really settle in with characters for the long haul.
    Susan from ReadingWorld

    ReplyDelete
  4. He...he....started Harry Potter....I can't even finish the sentence! I imagine it was very amusing watching him wade through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello hopper :)
    i can imagine he'd be ridiculously confused trying to read the last book! i think some series you can read out of order. the stories don't necessarily follow on and you can easily pick them up. i often do this, because my library hardly ever has the first book. but with the harry potter books, you have no chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hopping by to say have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the Hop.

    Stop by my blog if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete