Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Top Ten Authors That Deserve More Recognition



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the other blog I participate in: The Broke and the Bookish. We are particularly fond of lists, so hop on over and show us yours!

This week's Top Ten:
Your Top Ten Authors That Deserve More Recognition

1. Jill Mansell: she is the queen of chicklit and very popular in Holland, but noone else seems to have heard of her. Really, she writes the absolute best chicklit and when I read one of her books I always feel like I'm talking to one of my friends and I get that feeling of sitting in the sun in the summer even in the middle of winter. She's really good.

2. Monica Furlong: I absolutely LOVED her MG series with the books Juniper, Wise Child and Colman. The women in her books are very strong and she made me want to be a witch. I practically never come across someone who's also read them.

3. Maria V. Snyder: I absolutely love her books and I put every new release of her automatically on my to-read list. Even when like with Inside Out/Outside In the setting isn't really my thing: I never read anything set in space and I made an exception because I love her writing.

4. Alexandra Potter: read and loved 3 of her books, especially Me & Mr. Darcy, sooo cute!

5. Joanne Harris: loved, loved, LOVED Chocolat and The Girl with No Shadow!

6. Patrick Rothfuss: the first two books in his series are some of the best fantasy I've read in years and I absolutely love his Kvothe.

7. Kristin Cashore: LOVED Graceling!! Katsa is such a kick-ass heroine and Po was just perfect.

8. Sophie Jordan: so, a lot of you have probably heard about/read Firelight (which I haven't yet, bad me!), but did you know she writes amazing historical romance novels as well? They are among the best in the genre.

9. Sarah MacLean: same as for Sophie Jordan, she ranks up there on the best of historical romance as well, SO good!

10. Holly Black: I loved White Cat and Red Glove (which is coming out in a couple of days, put it on your lists!), so I'm so surprised I haven't seen more buzz about these books or her other series.

So, I'm off to check out other people's lists and discover me some new authors :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm starting to go off Jill Mansell a bit but I've read so many of her books, I think I've got a lot out of her anyway! I'm also quite fond of Alexandra Potter, I have her latest to read when I need a pick me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually haven't heard of any of these (its the point of this week's topic to discover new authors though, right?!) apart from Sarah MacLean because her book The Season is on my wishlist. I'll have to look some of them up!

    Thanks for all your comments on my blog, I'm a new follower. I love your new layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Holly Black and Sophie Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great least! I had only heard of about five of them. I'll look the others up! they sound great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my Top Ten Tuesday list yesterday. I'll have to check out some of the authors on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I've had Chocolat sitting on my shelf forever! I guess I better get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you found some new authors to check out from my list! Jill Mansell's books look cute - which would you recommend starting with?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love me some time with Sarah McLean's books!! OMG I love her books <3 <3 And I really need to read Sophie Jordan's adult books - and you should read Firelight Daisy!! It's really good ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete