Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Royal Weddings, An Original Anthology by Stephanie Laurens, Gaelen Foley and Loretta Chase



Title/Author: Royal Weddings by Stephanie Laurens, Gaelen Foley and Loretta Chase
Publisher/Date published: Avon, April 5th 2011
How I got this book: received it from the publisher through NetGalley

Goodreads summary: "You are cordially invited
To help celebrate the Royal Wedding of
Prince William to Catherine Middleton
As we present a 77 page original anthology
Written by three utterly wonderful authors!
Stephanie Laurens' The Wedding Planner: Lady Margaret is proud plan the ton's most important nuptuals—including that of a prince. But it's Lady Margaret who falls in love . . . with dashing Gaston Devilliers!
Gaelen Foley's Ever After: How scandalous! Eleanor Monford, Countess of Archer, is in love with her own husband. And as Princess Charlotte of England weds Prince Leopold, Eleanor's "secret" is about to come out.
Loretta Chase's The Jilting of Lord Rothwick: On the eve of Queen Victoria's wedding to Prince Albert, the Marquess of Rothwick learns his fiancÉe, Barbara Findley, has broken their engagement! So he desperately rides out of London to seek her out . . . and to win her back."

I love the idea of a royal wedding. I think in reality, it can be a real pain in the behind with the whole huge ceremony and everyone watching you the whole time. Seems to me like it could take a huge part of the romance out of it.
Nonetheless, I wish Prince William and Catherine Middleton to have the best day of their lives and many happy years together!

Let me say one thing: short stories are somehow not for me. Short books are sort of not for me. I like to really immerse myself in the characters and get lost in the story and the romance and the OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO GOOD (in the best case scenario at least) of it all. And that's hard if there's not a lot of story.

Short stories are just... well... a bit too short for me.

Anyway, that said, I did enjoy this anthology. The stories were cute and it made me go a little bit more into the history of England. I never knew princess Charlotte married for love only to die in childbirth only a few years later. I didn't know a whole lot about princess Charlotte in general and I'm glad to have sort of met her.

I liked the last story, the one Loretta Chase wrote, the best. It was really sweet and I just wanted there to be MORE of it! I have one of her books on my to-read list and I'm looking forward to reading it, I hope it'll live up to my high hopes based on this short story.

My rating: 3 stars

1 comment:

  1. I had heard about the anthology and I'm glad u think they are OK, I'm going to try to read them.

    ReplyDelete