Saturday, July 9, 2011

2011 In Books So Far

So I thought I'd reflect back on my reading over the first half of 2011. And it's been a GREAT year reading-wise so far.

The stats:
Books read: 88 (seriously, I read 91 books in 2010, this is huge)
Pages read: 31411
YA books: 45
Historical romances: 18

Those two are my major food groups, so to speak. I've been neglecting my fantasy addiction and gone more toward Paranormal Romance. I've branched out with some non-fiction, a classic and some literary fiction, but mostly it's been YA and historical romance, two genres I love with a passion!

Some of my favourites of the year:



-Delirium by Lauren Oliver (I CANNOT wait for Pandemonium, I mean, that ending!!!)
-Die For Me by Amy Plum (revenants have got to be one of the most unique supernatural beings I've read about in a long time)
-The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter (Greek Mythology fan-geeks unite!)



-If I Stay by Gayle Forman (seriously, how could I not have read this sooner???)
-Wither by Lauren DeStefano (eerily realistic and beautiful..)
-Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (who showed me that books about angels can be awesome)
-The Princess for Hire series by Lindsey Leavitt (gosh, how awesome are those books?? I wish I could be a stand-in princess...)



Special mention goes to The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, which I had been not-so-patiently-but-gritting-my-teeth anticipating for a looooong time and it finally got here and I just love my nice and shiny hardcover! (see, it's right over there --> isn't it PRETTY??) I love Rothfuss' writing and am now back to tearing-my-hair-out waiting for the final instalment...

And another special mention to Sarah MacLean, whose Love By Numbers series I have loved so much! She really knows how to write great romance!

Favourite Quotes of this Year:

"Books are more real when you read them outside"
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

"One could not count the moons that shimmer on her roofs, or the thousand splendid suns that hide behind her walls."
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

"I have an apple that thinks its a pear. And a bun that thinks it’s a cat. And a lettuce that thinks its a lettuce.' 'It’s a clever lettuce then.' 'Hardly,' she said with a delicate snort. 'Why would anything clever think it’s a lettuce?' 'Even if it is a lettuce?' I asked. 'Especially then,' she said. 'Bad enough to be a lettuce. How awful to think you are a lettuce too."
- The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (incidentally a conversation between my favourite characters: Kvothe and Auri)

So, that's me so far. With all the amazing books coming out soon, I expect the second half of 2011 will be just as great :)

What are your favourite reads so far?

2 comments:

  1. Oh! If I stay and Princess for Hire are two of my favorite so far this year too!
    :)

    And YAY! You almost beat your number from last year!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 88 books! Holy crap that's amazing :-)

    And I FORGOT about that quote from The Wise Man's Fear! LOL I think I'm going to make it my facebook status...

    ReplyDelete