Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List!


As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and that's me you see being featured there this week :)

You guys! It's the first day of spring today!! And what better way to kick off this season which means bye-bye to the nasty cold (a girl can hope right?) than to break out a list with the exciting books coming out between March 20th and June 21st 2012??

I'm doing new releases, but of course it can also be books that are already out, cause a TBR list is just the books you're wanting/hoping to read.

To give you fair warning: you guys know I can never seem to play by the rules right?

1. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin: the cover for this one is absolutely gorgeous and I've heard people who've been lucky enough to get an ARC gush about it so much I can't wait to read it!

2. Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers: it's about NUNS who are ASSASSINS! Enough said really.

3. A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont: I LOVE Jane Eyre, so this girl falling right into the story is my dream!

4. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore: I know, I still need to read Fire, but I couldn't resist pre-ordering the shiny new book that will be Bitterblue! I adored Cashore's writing in Graceling and I'm sure I'll love this one as well, I've been hearing nothing but wonderful things about Bitterblue!

5. Until I Die by Amy Plum: the second book in the Revenant series, I absolutely LOVED Die For Me when I read it last year and I can't wait to see what happens next for Kate and Vincent. And the cover is just gorgeous!

6. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: YAY NEW FANTASY AUTHOR! I'm really excited about this one, it's supposed to be really good, I can't wait to read it! :) The main character sounds like she'll kick some major behind and I love it when my heroines do that!

7. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks: MERMAIDS! I have a thing for mermaids. And this book sounds amazing!

8. Revived by Cat Patrick: cause really, how could I resist a book that has a main character called Daisy? And one that doesn't sound like she's simpering in a corner for a change?!

9. Struck by Jennifer Bosworth: a girl who is struck by lightning all the time and survives and has strange powers and such. Call me fascinated!

10. The sequels I couldn't all fit into this Top Ten (see, told you I cheat): AKA Black Heart by Holly White (this series is THE awesome!), Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter (I really enjoyed the Goddess Test, yay Greek Mythology!), Dreamless by Josephine Angelini (I was DEVASTATED at the end of Starcrossed! And again: YAY MYTHOLOGY!)

So that's my list, I actually went a little crazy and pre-ordered almost all of these... :) What are you all planning to read this spring? Any exciting books I should know about? I'm always looking to add books to my TBR list, so let me know what I forgot/should definitely order as well!

11 comments:

  1. Love your list - Masque of the Red Death was fabulous; I hope you get a chance to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm DYING to read it!! I foresee some major book buying next week when I'm doing with my internship, and it will probably be included in my order ;) Glad to hear you liked it!!

      Delete
  2. Bitterblue! Bitterblue! Bitterblue! I'm so exicted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left you a comment on TB&TB, but I don't know if you saw it! I'm so excited about Cat Patrick's book. I LOVED Forgotten. You have a lot of books on your list I'm not familiar with. Off to goodreads I go to look them up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see it! :) I really need to read Forgotten as well, it sounds so good!

      Delete
  4. those are great picks!!!
    I hope you ge to read them soon!!!
    :D
    Masque of the Red Death sounds spookily awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!! It sounds beyond amazing and I've heard such good things about it! :)

      Delete
  5. Grave Mercy is a bit slow-moving for me right now. I hope it picks up soon! I'm dying for Of Poseidon right now! DYING. Great list. :)

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it picks up as well! We tend to like the same books so I'll probably feel the same way about it ;) I'm so wanting to put everything aside and just read the books on this list I have through NetGalley... :)

      Delete
  6. You just pretty much picked all the books that I'm looking forward to reading this year as well, so yay for that! <3

    ReplyDelete