Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Book for Every Season: Bout of Books Challenge!


This awesome challenge is hosted by Kristilyn @ Reading in Winter!

Ok, so all these books take place in the season under which they're listed.

Spring
Dark of the Moon by Tracy Barrett

Summer
Unbreak my Heart by Melissa C. Walker
Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Kate Strohm
Past Perfect by Leila Sales
Juliet by Anne Fortier

Fall
The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter: most of the story takes place during Fall and Winter
When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams

Winter
Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin: WINTER IS COMING!

Why are Summer and Fall so much easier???

Just for fun, I've made an extra list of books I associate with a certain season, simply because they have a certain feeling or I read them in that particular season:

Spring
A Night Like This by Julia Quinn
Gilt by Katherine Longshore

Summer
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Die For Me by Amy Plum

Fall
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (because I discovered it on FictionPress one autumn)
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

Winter
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (I actually got this book for Christmas and read it immediately, so it'll always have that Christmasy feel to it for me)
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Some aren't logical and just a feeling, but I KNOW OK. I associate books and music with things happening in my life at that time, so the season is a natural part of that.

How about you, what are books you associate with a particular season?

2 comments:

  1. Boy, do I ever need to read the Fire & Ice books!! And Harry Potter! The first book definitely has that Christmas feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list I don't know if I could come up with something like this, but I do associate HP 4 to Xmas 'cause my mom bought it for me because she knew I couldn't afford it on my own with my allowance.
    It's a sweet memory.

    Also Winter is Coming!! :D

    ReplyDelete