Sunday, November 18, 2012

Daisy Update (25) and Book Haul (5)

Hi!!

So last week I was too lazy to post an update, because well, I was just in vacation mode.

I had a wonderful 10 days off from work! I slept till 8AM every day (I loved waking up at that time and knowing all my coworkers were starting their day at work, does that make me evil?), read a lot, tried new recipees, baked cookies, cooked for my friends who came over, it was bliss! I did get rather restless on Tuesday because it was my FOURTH day of not working in a row and well, I found out I've turned into a bit of a workaholic over the last four months. Who would have thought...

But by Wednesday I didn't have this problem anymore ;)

Thursday had a bit of a bad start because the power plant in the town I live in had sort of blown up a bit. The side of one of the buildings was completely blown away and we could see a lot of smoke. It didn't really help that on the radio they were talking about missing people and telling us to stay inside because they weren't sure what had happened yet. In the end it turned out noone was hurt and it was safe to go out, but it took a while before they had the right information, it was kinda scary.
Of course I slept through the whole apparantly quite loud bang and following noise, but the boyfriend woke me up.

We spent Thursday at a spa in a town 20 minutes away and it was just so relaxing! I LOVE going to the spa and sitting in the saunas and whirlpools and they have this salt bath things in which you can just float, which is very soothing. So Thursday night I felt completely relaxed and wrinkly :)

Saturday night we went out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant and it was SO GOOD! I love Mexican food, though I can't really handle anything too spicy. We usually go to a different restaurant, but this one was really good as well, so I think we'll just have to switch it up every now and then :)

And last Tuesday was the day I had to get back to work, which I was actually looking forward to. I love feeling useful and much as I love staying inside with a blanket, cup of tea and a good book, I don't think I'd appreciate it as much if I didn't have to work as well. I also wouldn't be able to afford my shopping and book buying habits, so there's that.
This week I was back on one of the nursing floors, which I prefer to the ER. I also got to do some stuff I don't do that often, like sticking needles in people's chest if there's fluid there so we can send it to the lab for analysis and it was pretty awesome! And just so I don't sound masochistic: it's pretty much the same as someone taking your blood, the needle just goes somewhere else.

Thursday night was my turn to do the evening shift and it was pretty busy, but ok, though I didn't have time to eat and I fear that all my hard work in my week off in gaining back some weight has been for nothing now that I'm back to work. Oh well.

Book Haul


So because of that booksale thing I talked about last time, it's a pretty big haul :)

BOUGHT
-Sleeping Arrangements by Madeleine Wickham
-Venus Envy by Louise Bagshawe
-Footsteps by Katharine McMahon, I've never read anything by her before, but the books look so pretty...
-Sins of the House of Borgia by Sarah Bower
-Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead: I've been looking for this one for so long! And they're always out at the bookstores, even the online one, so YAY!
Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger, I was a bit hesitant because I did like The Time Traveler's Wife, but had some issues with it, but I figured it'd be worth a try.
-Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray: which I already owned, fail...
-The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: LOVE THIS BOOK! I just didn't own a copy yet.
-To Ride Hell's Chasm by Janny Wurts
-The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
-The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong: they didn't have book 2... :(
-Stolen by Lesley Pearse
-Rebel Heiress by Fiona Mountain
-Loving Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan
-The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James
-Venom by Fiona Paul: YAYYY! It finally got here!
-The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima: SO GOOD! The boyfriend is currently reading this :) I LOVE this series SO MUCH! And am really sad this was the last instalment...
-Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder: LOVE THIS BOOK! I'm such a fan of Maria V. Snyder and I like the UK cover better than the US one, it's so pretty!

FOR REVIEW
-Hysteria by Megan Miranda, EEE! EXCITEMENT!
-A Most Scandalous Proposal by Ashlyn MacNamara
-Once Again a Bride by Jane Ashford
-Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield
-Poison by Bridget Zinn, I've been pining for this one for some time now! It looks amazing!
-The Borgias by G.J. Meyer
-The Water Witch by Juliet Dark, the sequel to The Demon Lover, which I really enjoyed :)
-Renegade by A.J. Souder, AAAH! SO EXCITED!
-Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black, isn't this cover GORGEOUS??

So that's all for me, hope you guys have an amazing week and leave me a link to your book haul in the comments!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely week off! I've never been to a spa before, but you make it sound so great that I feel like I should try it sometime. And an amazing pile of books as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I always feel all warm and fuzzy and relaxed when I get back :)
      And thanks! After I got back from the book sale I just sat on the couch staring at my pretties :)

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you had a good vacation! Especially the spa day, that sounds heavenly :) It's good that you were looking forward to going back to work though, and that you like your job even when it's all crazy.

      Hope you have another great week Daisy!

      Delete
  2. Wow that is quiet a stack of books! They look good :) Happy readings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy you are the best! I always thought I'm the only one who didn't like The Time Traveller's Wife :)

    Wish you a wonderful week and it seems that there is a bit of reading material at your house now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, a bit might be an understatement ;)
      And yeah, while I didn't hate The Time Traveller's Wife, I didn't love it as much as most people seem to...

      Delete
  4. Looks like you enjoyed your vacation. I'm sorry about the power plant thing, it must have been very scary.


    You book haul is so good! I'm sorry they didn't have the awakening, I have been waiting to see if they did a box set of the books so I could get it, but nothing so far :(

    ReplyDelete