Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had Sequels


As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by my other blog The Broke and the Bookish.

This week we're talking about books we wished had sequels. And really, there are some books out there that I just can't seem to figure out there's not a sequel (yet)! I hope we'll see some of them pop up in the future :)

1. Witchlanders by Lena Coakley: Witchlanders is the first book that popped into my head when I saw the topic. You guys, it's SUCH a great book and it hasn't really gotten a lot of buzz, but this right here is me BEGGING for a sequel!

2. The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell: Oh man, this is one of the best debuts I've read this year and it's fantasy and I am SO not done having adventures with all these characters!!

3. The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams: This was such a fun book!! I loved the collaboration between these 3 authors and I really hope they'll write a sequel to the International Kissing Club!

4. The Demon Catchers of Milan by Kat Beyer: I really enjoyed this book and it FELT like the first in a series, but I can't find anywhere if there's gonna be a sequel or not...

5. The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson: Ok, so I know this isn't even out yet, but I LOVED this book and this whole series so much and more of Elisa and Hector can NEVER be a bad thing!

6. Tarnish by Katherine Longshore: SO much love for this book!! It totally made Anney Boleyn human and was just amazing and while we left it on a hopeful note, I would love to see Katherine Longshore describe the rest of Anne's story. Or write another novel about an amazing historical figure. Or anything at all. I'm not all that picky here.

7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: as the other books will be companion novels, it doesn't really count and I'd love another book focused on Anna and Etienne!

8. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab: LOVED this book! It read like a fairytale and I'm wondering what will happen in the town after the events in the Near Witch!

9. The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima: This is the ending to one of my favourite fantasy series EVER. And I so want to stay in this world and hang out with Han and Raisa again and everybody else!

10. The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss and ALL THE OTHER SEQUELS IN SERIES I'M WAITING FOR: Yeah, there are so many books that I'm dying to read the sequels of and they will actually be published, but AAAH THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!

So there you have it, I cheated slightly on the last one, but the others are genuine wishes for more books PLEASE!
Leave me a link to your TTT and I'll be sure to check it out!

22 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have to read Anna and The French Kiss soon. I've heard amazing things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want more and more and more of Hector and Elisa! While I loved the way the series ended, I would love more of the world Rae Carson built! I also remember hearing really great things about The Cadet of Tildor, but never got a chance to read it! I may need to go hunt up a copy now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the way it ended as well, but I just want MORE!
      Yes! Go hunt down a copy of The Cadet of Tildor! You'll love it!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to check out Witchlanders.

    I've got a signed copy of Cadet of Tildor I actually thought it was going to be a series :( I'm yet to read it though, slowly but surely getting through my TBR pile LOL

    I've also heard so many great things about Rae Carson's series.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you like Witchlanders!
      I really hope Cadet of Tildor will be a series! I think there are so many things we have yet to discover about this world!

      And OMG, YES! Rae Carson's series is SO GOOD!!

      Delete
  4. I loved Anna and the French Kiss too. It was nice seeing them in Lola and I think they show up in Isla, but yes, such a cute couple! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna and the French Kiss is such a great book!

      Delete
  5. I feel like I'm the only person in the world who hasn't read Anna and the French Kiss!

    Here's my TTT.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you may just be ;) It's so good, go read it!!

      Delete
  6. I've not read any of these books :(
    I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get to them! And otherwise I'll just have to gently remind you every now and then ;)

      Delete
  7. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE BITTER KINGDOM!! OH MY GOSH. Tarnish is such a good choice, I should have thought of that! The Cadet of Tildor I am SO waiting for a sequel of! Savoy...rawr. Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAH! YOU NEED TO READ THE BITTER KINGDOM!!
      And more Savoy can never ever be a bad thing!!

      Delete
  8. I love Stephanie Perkins and can't wait for Isla so I can get more of her characters. Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw many people choose Anna and the French Kiss... Maybe I will read it.
    Hee is my ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-books-you-wish-had.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES for the next Patrick Rothfuss book! I WANT IT.

    And I still have Witchlanders on my PBS wishlist, I think I'm near the top of the queue for it now, so maybe I'll get it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want it so bad...
      I hope you'll love Witchlanders!! It is SO GOOD!

      Delete
  11. I haven't read any of these!!! Do I suck?? hahaha I'm gunna check them all out on goodreads and see what I've been missing!

    ReplyDelete