Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Very Personal Post about why I've been a bit quiet lately

So this is kinda hard for me to write. Let me start off by saying that I completely identified with one post that Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner wrote about two weeks ago, you can read it here. About blogging when you aren't feel like yourself or when you're not in a happy place. And I do this thing where when something happens in my life, I retreat and regroup. I avoid social media and other social activities and just hole up until I feel a bit like myself again.

Which is exactly what I did 2,5 weeks ago when my parents told me they were getting a divorce. The first week I spent on the phone who both my parents and my brother and crying and having intense conversations with my family that left me emotionally exhausted. It hasn't been an easy time. I am essentially ok with it and I understand that in the end it will be good for both of them, but it still makes me sad and it's a bit of an adjustment.

But I'm incredibly lucky that I have a supportive, loving boyfriend and amazing friends who are there for me and who provide a shoulder to cry on and distraction, whichever I need at the moment. So I'm doing ok, though I foresee some tough moments. We're all slowly getting used to the idea and while I don't live with my parents, it's a weird idea that in a little while they won't live in the same house anymore or be together.

And I am very thankful that they are both healthy!

So while this blog is mostly my happy place in which I can blisfully discuss books with you guys, I couldn't not talk about this here. Know that I love all you guys and am trying to get back to writing posts and commenting more!

19 comments:

  1. Daisy, I am sorry to hear that. I cannot imagine how hard this must be.
    I hope you know that when you need anything, I am there for you.
    Sending you lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that ): If there's anything I can do for you, let me know! My parents divorced a few weeks ago, so we're basically in the same boat. It's very hard - I'm glad to hear your boyfriend and friends are so supportive (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about your parents as well! :( And yes, my boyfriend and friends are awesome :)

      Delete
  3. I really missed your posts, but this is an understable reaction. I hope you're feeling okay. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that Daisy :( I'm glad that you are surrounded by supportive people and if you ever want to talk with someone I'm happy to help! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have amazing people in my life and I'm really thankful for them!

      Delete
  5. Awww, Daisy, I'm so sorry. It will probably be for the best in the end, but you're right - it's a tough time and will take a lot of getting used to. I hope that you can continue to get some comfort from the fact that you have a lot of blogosphere friends thinking about you! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Sarah! <3 I'm slowly getting used to the idea and I'm convinced it'll be for the best, I'm already seeing it be better for one of them, so at least that's something.

      Delete
  6. Awe Daisy, I'm sorry to hear that! That has always been my biggest fear, that my parents could one day divorce, so I can only imagine how this would affect you. But we're all here for you! Hugs all around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that! :( We're all here if you need anyone to talk to. Lots of hugs and positive energy going your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *hugs* I'm really sorry to hear your news, and I'm thinking of you.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Daisy--I'm sorry to hear that. It's understandable that under these circumstances, even if your head accepts something logically, your heart often has a hard time catching up. I think we all go through periods where we need to step away from everything and take a breather, but just know that the community's always here and waiting for you when you decide you feel like easing in again.

    <3 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *hugs*
    Oh Daisy, I'm sorry to hear. I know it's hard to talk about personal stuff in this medium, to decide how much to share, and it's understandable that you'll want to regroup. Just know we are sending you lots of hugs and good wishes.

    My auntie was a firm believer that everything happens for the best, so let's hope this is the case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear that Daisy. I can imagine that it's very tough to deal with, even more so in some ways as an adult that a child. I'm glad that you've got supportive people around you to help you as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear that. My parents recently got divorced as well so I know what you're going through. Sending lots of hugs and good feelings your way!

    Rebecca @ The Library Canary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sorry to hear that! I can completely understand; I have gone through something fairly similar recently. It can almost be shocking how emotional it can be even as an adult child. Take the break if you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry, Daisy. :( I knew you were having a rough time, but had no idea why. Big hugs! Love you. :)

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete