Sunday, January 5, 2014

Book Haul (15)

Hi guys! I hope you're all having a relaxing Sunday! Mine will be filled with asignements and making a presentation for Wednesday... *sigh* But the sun is shining, I have pizza for dinner and avocado dip to go with my chips and a reward plan that involves a book and some me-time, so life is pretty decent at the moment :)

Book Haul

Please keep in mind that this is 1,5 months worth of books for me. So my haul is a teensy bit epic :)


Bought:128
-A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness: Even after the mindfuck that was More Than This and not being really sure how I feel about that book, even 2 months later, I'm willing to give Patrick Ness another try.
-City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare: so I keep hearing both really good and really bad things about this series, but I'm still determined to give it a try and I needed something to add to my order to get free shipping ;)
-Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes: I haven't started the first book in this series yet, but it sounds like something I will LOVE so I pre-ordered the sequel.
-Altered by Jennifer Rush: I hear REALLY good things about this book!
-Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger: this will either be a complete hit or a complete miss. I'm hoping for the first.
-No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLean: Ah, Sarah MacLean, your historical romances never fail to make me swoon and have all the feelings and I have no doubt that No Duke Goes Unpunished will be just as amazing as the other books I've read by you! There really is no good excuse as to why I haven't read this yet except that I've been crazy busy and stressed!
-Pawn by Aimée Carter: I wanted a shiny finished copy because it sounds REALLY good!
-The Night Itself by Zoë Marriott: basically I bought this because I'd been eyeing it for a while and Daph said it was good :)
-Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby: this sounds really cute and the title even made my boyfriend smile, so obviously I need to read this!
-This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales: I have endless love for this book and needed to own a copy becaus I need this book to physically be in my life.
-The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: AAAH! THEY ARE SO PRETTY!! I already owned a set of this series, but EVERYONE has already borrowed them and not all the borrowers are as gentle with my books as I would like them to be... Nobody but me is touching these beauties!
-Vicious by V.E. Schwab: I adored The Near Witch and am excited to see what happens when Victoria Schwab switches genres!
-The Rogue's Princess by Eve Edwards: I read the first two books in this series and they were really cute YA historical romance, so I figured I'd complete my collection.
-Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence: I've been eyeing this for 2 years and it was a total steal on Amazon, so...
-Unhinged by A.G. Howard: OMG, YOU GUYS! My pre-order came in early!!! EEEEE! I finished it this morning and have so many feelings!
-Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones: this was a really cute story! I think I would have loved it even more if I'd read it as a kid, but still really entertaining!
-Ashes to Ashes by Melissa C. Walker: I LOVED Unbreak My Heart and am dying to read this!

Gifted:
-Het Menselijk Lichaam by Paolo Giordano: wow, I just noticed that this doesn't even have an English translation yet! I was really impressed with The Solitude of Prime Numbers, so of course I wanted his newest release as well! Got this as a Sinterklaas gift from the boyfriend's mother :)

We had a Book Club Secret Santa and I got these two from Debby, THANK YOU! :D
-Cinder by Marissa Meyer: If I read this everyone can stop screaming at me? All my book club girls love this series, so I'm gonna give it a try and you can all say I told you so if I end up loving it :)
-The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons: which Debby got me because I am 'into epic lovestories' AND SHE'S TOTALLY RIGHT SO YAYYY!! :D

I bought this with a gift card I got for Sinterklaas :)
-Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella: I LOVE Sophie Kinsella's standalones and I hope this will me no exception!


Egalleys for review:
-(Don't You) Forget About Me by Kate Karyus Quinn: This book sounds absolutely creepy and amazing!
-The Islands of Chaldea by Diana Wynne Jones and Ursula Jones: this sounds so good and if it's as charming as Howl's Moving Castle was I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this very much!
-The Last Best Kiss by Claira LaZebnik: I really enjoyed her first two books and I'm forever in for a retelling of Persuasion!
-Guy In Real Life by Steve Brezenoff: this has the potential to be AMAZING so obviously I want to read it!
-After the End by Amy Plum: I loved Die For Me and am embarassed to say I haven't read the rest of the series, but I adored Amy Plum's writing and this new series sounds really exciting!
-Don't Call Me Baby by Gwendolyn Heasley: I can't imagine my mom talking about embarassing childhood moments on a blog. And I want to! Imagine it. Not live it.
-The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings: OMG SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!!
-Wicked Games by Sean Olin: I'm always intrigued by a tale of revenge.
-Sleep No More by Aprilynne Pike: an ORACLE! I AM SO IN!
-The Eighth Day by Dianna K. Salerni: doesn't everybody wish for an eighth day to the week? ;)
-The Falconer by Elizabeth May: paranormal historical fiction YES! This combines two of my favourite genres :D
-Mistwalker by Saundra Mitchell: I read the Vespertine AGES ago and really liked it! It feels as if I've been waiting on this book forever, as I added it to my TBR shelf 2,5 years ago!
-We Were Liars by E. Lockhart: OMG, SO EXCITED!!! I've heard people RAVING about this and did several happy dances when I got the approval e-mail! :D
-The Here and Now by Ann Brashares: so I adore her for her Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants books and this sounds AMAZING as well! And I'm seriously in love with that cover, it is so pretty!
-Broken Fences, Hearts, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn: this sounds like a super cute summer romance and I love those :)
-Royally Lost by Angie Stanton: so princes are running around in the wild and I want to read about them!

5 comments:

  1. I love those editions of the Hunger Games series! We bought them for my husband's aunt for Christmas and a part of me wanted to keep them for myself :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is quite a haul, but they all look good! Happy Reading!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was truly epic!!
    I hope you get to read them all!! I got We Were Liars too and I hope I like it :P

    Have a great week and good luck with your presentation

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have No Good Duke Goes Unpunished out from the library right now, I hope it's good!

    And I loooooved The Bronze Horseman! It really is epic. Enjoy your new books Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't scream too much, so I'm going to do it one time: CINDER! :D I'm so happy you're finally able to read this book and fangirl with us. But seeing all the epic other books you got, it probably takes some time before you read it. I don't even know where to started, I'm just drooling over the list and pictures, haha.

    ReplyDelete