Sunday, January 18, 2015

Daisy Update (56)

Wow, last time I did one of these was August 10... That's just a looooong time ago.

Anywho.

So I've been back to blogging these past two weeks and it's been GREAT! I love how I now have a blogging calendar and I'm actually scheduling posts in advance and not just typing everything up at the last minute. It feels really good!
I have been having some bad luck with books, I've DNF-ed 4 books in January so far and just UGH! But on the other hand, I did really enjoy most of the books that I did finish, so there's that. And I've been doing pretty well with my e-ARCs so far, sometimes I move towards that request button and then actually don't click it. Self-control, I has a little bit of it.

In other news, I'm now working in an ER and there's a LOT Of crazy going on there! I mean, it's not really like the action you see on TV shows, but it is a whole lot crazier than working in a general practice, and I'm actually really enjoying it! It's very interesting and we have a couple of interns, I love having interns, they always ask critical questions and just keep you on your toes and it's nice that I can also teach them something. That I feel confident enough that I can actually teach them something, it's a good feeling guys.
All these weird shifts in the ER leave me with a lot of free time at the moment (though there's a hellish week coming up, which will leave me like a zombie quite possibly) and I'm just enjoying spending time at home with the kitty and the boyfriend and all my pretty books! I'm pretty much in a happy place right now.


Last Monday, the boyfriend and I had dinner with the GP who I was training with last year and it was wonderful. I hadn't seen her since September and it felt really weird cause we'd worked closely together for a year and then that part of my residency ended and you just don't see each other anymore and it was lovely to catch up and see her home. And the food was really good! :)

I've been watching a LOT of TV lately, I'm very much addicted to 24 Kitchen, it's just so relaxing to see people cook and I've already tried one recipee from a show and it was SO GOOD! OMG, I'm totally making that again soon! It was a dip for chicken and nacho chips and whatever else you can think of to dip in it, with creme fraiche, spinach, sambal and cheese and just YUM!
I've also started watching Jane, the Virgin and I'm really enjoying it! It's just funny and quirky and at times a little ridiculous and just no-brain-necessary fun. Also, it sorta reminds me of Ugly Betty with all the drama and I have so much love for that show! I should start re-watching it...
And OMG, a friend of mine said Emily Owens MD was WAY better than Hart of Dixie, so I started watching that and then I found out it was cancelled after 13 episodes and I was like WTF??? That show was AWESOME (though not better than Hart of Dixie, TBH, WAAAAADDDDDEEEE) and Micah was SO cute and what the heck was going on with the ending of that last episode?? That was seriously not ok and now I will never know if Emily and Micah would have ended up together and I just have a sad over that series being cancelled, cause I loved it...

One of the guys in the same residency program as I am got married 2 months ago and yesterday night they threw a party to celebrate, so the boyfriend and I went and it was so much fun! We just had drinks and talked with my friends from residency and dancing, and the boyfriend basically doesn't dance normally, so I take advantage of it on the rare occasions that I CAN get him to dance with me :) So today we're both a little tired and lazy and aside from tidying up a bit because the lady who cleans our house is coming tomorrow (OMG someone else cleans my house, it is AWESOME), it's going to be a quiet day. We'll go over to the boyfriend's parents for dinner in a little while, so that means zero effort towards cooking today, yay ;)

I hope you're all having a great weekend as well!

5 comments:

  1. I have a lot of respect for anyone who works in the ER - I think it must be one of the hardest jobs for a doctor, you need so much knowledge and people aren't exactly patient.

    Sorry you aren't having much luck with books at the moment - maybe try rereading an old favourite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is hard, but sometimes I think being a GP is actually harder, cause you don't just have to solve acute problems, but ALL the problems and in the ER you can pass those on to someone else. Luckily we do have a good training program before we start at the ER :)
      I may actually go back an reread a favourite, or try and read those books that I'm sure I'm going to love :)

      Delete
  2. Working in an ER always seems so hectic on television! I'm glad you're enjoying your experience though, and it must be SO cool to be able to teach the interns things ;) Sounds like you've been pretty busy - in the best way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone cleaning your house - You are living the dream, girl! And working your ass off as a doctor, which is super awesome. Time in the ER sounds intense. I hope you get lots and lots of down time with the boyfriend and kitty :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Emily Owen too and don't understand why they canceled it. I hate it when shows get canceled before wrapping up story lines. I wish once the networks decide to cancel a show they would at least do one more episode.

    ReplyDelete