Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by my other blog The Broke and the Bookish

This list could also be dubbed as 'all the ways I failed in 2015'. Oh well.

1. Spinning Thorns by Anna Sheehan: I loved A Long, Long Sleep and am very excited by this fairytale retelling of Sleeping Beauty!

2. Mystic by Jason Denzel: this looks so, SO good! And the cover is so pretty! I failed at getting my hands on this, but it's on the list for 2016!

3. Walk On Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson: I can't believe I haven't read this, I LOVE Rae Carson's writing! This should me remedied soon.

4. The Shadow Behind the Stars by Rebecca Hahn: It's about the Fates. OBVIOUSLY I bought this, but then failed to read it..

5. Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray: The Diviners was amazing but this thing is HUGE and it scares me a little. But I will definitely read it!

6. The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin: there's really not enough buzz about this amazing author, I loved her Inheritance trilogy and really have no good excuse for why I failed to read this one.

7. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard: there was SO much hype surrounding this book! I think that's part of why I failed to read it, but I'm still planning to!

8. Half a War by Joe Abercrombie: LOVE this series!! But I'm slightly terrified of reading the final book in a series, so this has been staring at me from my shelf...

9. The Shattered Court by M.J. Scott: this sounds amazing and I LOVE the cover!

10. Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger: 2015 was the year in which I discovered the awesomeness that is Kody Keplinger. I should really get my butt in gear and not only read this one, but ALL of her books.

Tell me what 2015 releases you missed out on reading!

5 comments:

  1. Red Queen is sitting on my kindle waiting for me. I have heard the hype but honestly, I haven't heard people raving about it after they read it, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to rate the books in the series, I think Half a War is my 2nd favorite (the first book was the best imo). Definitely a great ending for the series.

    I LOVED Lair of Dreams!

    You have quite a few titles that I still need to read too: The Fifth Season, The Shattered Court, Walk on Earth a Stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't seen Spinning Thorns before, that one is definitely going onto my wishlist :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red Queen was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/top-ten-tuesday-39/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started on a top ten this week but then realised it was just making me feel guilty. I think mostly I did quite well with the new books I really wanted to read lats year though. I've got Red Queen on my TBR but it's not been there that long.

    ReplyDelete